I’m
back. I have the need to vent, and by
golly, internet, I will take it out on thee!
So I’ve been contemplating writing again, but struggling with whether or
not the things I want to write about are appropriate for posting online. I wonder: Will I offend people? Will I receive support or backlash for my
opinions? Does anyone even care? In the midst of my 1-woman interrogation
session, I remembered a note-to-self I jotted down the other day that goes
“When you rid yourself of the preoccupation with what others think, you’ll
discover how many of your worries are actually YOURS.” With that in mind, I say with all due
respect, I’m going to post whatever I want, fuck everything else—THE END.
I will call this place The Vault. Here, I plan to
eviscerate the inner workings of my delicate soul, turn that shit into words,
and post it to fulfill that teeny tiny part of me that still wishes I was
actually a writer. Be forewarned, I may
rant, ramble, write poetry, and maybe even PWI (Post While Intoxicated, smh –
I’m an idiot), but goddammit, I will be HONEST.
That much can be counted on.
Like
every other human, I am multi-faceted.
Sometimes I’m virtuous, sometimes critical, sometimes superwoman,
sometimes in need of saving, sometimes feeling on top of the world, sometimes
feeling under a ten ton pile of shit, and a whole lot of other things in
between.
Like
every other human, I take on many roles – some by choice, others not. I’m a daughter, sister, girlfriend, nurse, friend,
and occasionally when the lights are off and no one is around, I get to be just
me instead of someone else’s something.
I understand that we’re technically ourselves all the time, but
sometimes I feel like as long as we have other people’s eyes or ears on us, a
piece of us belongs to those eyes/ears, and in those moments we don’t fully
belong to ourselves. No, I’m not on
mind-altering substances while I write this.
No, I’m not being sarcastic.
Point
blank – I just want to write. That’s all
I’m doing this for. I just want to write.
Welcome
to The Vault.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment