Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Blank screen and blinking cursor... because the rest is still unwritten.


So much has happened these past few years alone that I don’t even know how to begin rehashing all of my experiences (traumatic, life-changing, revelatory, and otherwise).  With so many ways for me to chronicle my journey, it’s no surprise that the sight of a blank screen and a blinking cursor induces palpitations.  I could tell my story chronologically, by severity of emotional impact, or even compartmentalize by different areas of my life, but I think the best and most logical way for me to start would be for me to divulge my name.

My name is Camille.  I’m an avid list-maker.  I collect life lessons, with the hope of becoming a better person.  I’m 27 years-old and none-the-wiser by nature of age alone.  At this point in my life, I can honestly say I never imagined I’d ever be at this point in my life.  I mean that in both the best and worst way possible.  I’m neither pessimist nor optimist, just human.  I’m leery of labels.  I believe in and hope for the love in humanity to triumph over everything else.

I’m the eldest of 3 children, and the only girl.  I was born in the Philippines to young parents, whose overwhelming desire to provide a good future for their children led them to uproot their lives and start anew in the land of promise that is America.  I was raised in NY from the age of 5, and I still reside in NY today.  Edward Norton’s character in the movie Keeping the Faith put it best when he said “True New Yorkers know that people living anywhere else must be, in some sense, kidding.”

I love traveling, writing, reading, going on adventures, learning new things, and sharing.  I’m a nurse by day, and a full-time daughter/sister/confidant.  I indulge in good food and good company.

I am the furthest thing from perfect, but in the words of Natasha Bedingfield, “the rest is still unwritten.”

No comments:

Post a Comment